This is a FINAL announcement for the bootcamp for tomorrow.
- We will start at 8:30am *sharp* in at 1 LeConte. Please plan on arriving from 8:05 to 8:15 to allow for time to register. It will be a packed house, so you might consider leaving jackets etc. at the top of the room. You should bring a printed version of your registration from Eventbrite or a mobile app from eventbrite with your registration keyed up (http://www.eventbrite.com/eventbriteapp/).
- The final schedule for the bootcamp will be posted by the end of the day today (http://www.pythonbootcamp.info/agenda). We expect to finish formal lectures/demos by about 4:30 tomorrow. People may want to stay and start their homework while others are still around to help.
- We cannot accept cancellations at this point from paid tickets. Please log into eventbite and transfer it over to someone else (http://help.eventbrite.com/customer/en_us/portal/articles/428584). If you have a free ticket you should cancel it (http://help.eventbrite.com/customer/en_us/portal/articles/581556-cancel-a-free-order-or-registration).
- The non-virtual help desk begins at 3 today and continues until 5pm. It is at Brewed Awakening on Euclid (northside of campus). Bring your laptop!
- We'll also have a virtual help desk going at the same time, on the IRC Channel #pyboot. See
for more info.
- If you are having weave installation errors, it's likely you dont have a compiler installed. Either install that (on mac, it's easiest to get Xcode) and then reinstall the enthought distro, or just forget about it (you wont need it for the bootcamp).
- If you are having mayavi errors on Mac, you probably installed the 64 bit version of the enthought distro. Problem should resolve if you reinstall the 32 bit version.
- Please consider using public transportation to get to campus. Parking is terrible and you will get numerous tickets if you park on the street.
- Dont forget your laptop and power cords tomorrow.
- We'll supply the caffeine and food you need to get you through tomorrow. Sorry, we couldn't afford a case of 5 hour energy drink!
We look forward to a fun and productive 3 days with you all. Get a good sleep tonight! Tomorrow you'll be dreaming about indentations, snakes and spam.
Josh et al.